Tuesday 15 February 2011

Materials for my business card

Recently I have had a trip into the town to do some reseach for some interesting materials for my business card.

There is always the obvious option of card, but upon looking around, in a crafts shop I found a few interesting ideas.

The main basis of my favourite idea was a card made of plastic that had been cut into to look like a stencil. The idea of using a more durable material like plastic I found to be interesting, because to me this would be the sort of business card that is meant to be kept, rather than a piece of card than will just be thrown away.

I found some acetate (clear plastic) which can be put through a printer (for ease, efficiency and a professional look, rather than handwritten).

Following this I found a thicker clear plastic sheet which would be more sturdy than both the acetate mentioned earlier and the initial card.

To run an A4 sheet of this through a printer with a template of many cards to a sheet would not be too much trouble.

To make this more interesting, I would like to experiment with shape. It has been suggested to incorporate origami, but I believe this to be too complicated, and may decrease the professionalism and appear 'tacky' to some employers.

No comments:

Post a Comment